Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Yann Guidon wrote:
> > How about a simple switch that enables/disables that balancing?
>
> this was my point #2.
>
> Even better : when the compilation script recognizes the synthesizer,
> it sets an environment variable. Then, during the file selection,
> it's a simple (ba)sh line which can select whether to use
> the "manual" version or not. ok ?

Automatic recognition of the synthesizer may not be an issue
since you want to stay independent of them. When you take a
look at the LEON project you see that need to always produce
new versions due to new synthesizers/libraries supported. Of
course there are also bug fixes but once you start working
with a release you have to check the main tree and include
the new fixes manually. That's not what I would want here.

JG