Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

hello !

Juergen Goeritz wrote:

> > > Lets not forget the brain is layered with primeval brains
> > > handling the 'OS' kernel and user stuff more recently evolved.
> > > The real difference (other than physical stuff) is the higher
> > > degree of redundancy and re-programing in living things.
> > > Byte magazine had a good bit on brains many years back.
> >
> > But is it a real bottom-up design by evolution
> > - or did some whatever do a top-down design? :-)
>
> Hey, let's not get religious here. What I simply wanted
> to say is that top-down works when you know exactly what
> you want to achieve. Bottom-up works if you have some
> pieces and want to build a new whole.
>
> I hope we can stop this discussion about best ways to do
> something now. F-CPU is on it's way...

i don't think it's time to stop now : this discussion has brought
some interesting points and there may be some others to bring.
I also believe that we are responsible enough to avoid "really off-topic"
subjects, even though the evolutionary side of the F-CPU project
is a meaningful element because there are not only technical
constraint : there are social and economical aspects in our group.

It's not much "top-down" but my "development method" is :
while (1) {
  analyse what we have;
  analyse what we need;
  work on what we need most and can obtain;
}
This is going to last a long time because we are not a company
with paid engineers, fixed budget and professional tools.
Everybody here is free. For example, nicO wants to make his
own scheduler : fine. If i fail to make mine, F-CPU will have
another one. As long as we know where we're going, this is ok.

> JG
WHYGEE