Re: [f-cpu] statistics of direct indexing usage

hi !

devik wrote:

However I think that first fcpu target are servers (especially
those hosted at ISP - I have several of them I feel the need).

i don't think that this is a reasonable target because ISPs want a lot
of GHz and terabytes
of cache, which we can't provide yet. However F-CPU can be integrated in
a router,
if instanciated on the tranceiver chips, or in RAID controllers for
example...

Don't kill me my ideas please ;-)

As i learnt here, implementing somethings means that the idea has to be broken,
in order to become reality ... A lot of people on this list do dream a lot,
and are disapointed when things become true.

I hope to see it in my
web-servers. I want moderate performance BUT not 40W of
temperature wasted power whci I can't cool in our 1U
rack boxes.

:-)

We run with 256MB ram is it IS enough for correctly writen
apps. We also have highly loaded 1000 users postgresql server
and 512MB ram with PIII/800 is enough.
I hope 1GHz fcpu could do the job someday.
devik

FC0 at 1GHz is science fiction for me.
However, a 2-way or 4-way FC0 system could probably do the same work.