Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU gcc CVS

Hi!

> > You mean, call `int 0x80' directly on an Intel box? I'd rather stick
> > to the libc interface that I use now.
>
> It is cleaner of course - but the almost all syscalls should
> be implemented to be able to run with native libc. And implementing
> about 100 syscalls will take some time ..
> Maybe there could be transition phase - use int80, focus on linker
> and emulator and later substitute syscalls one by one ..

Using int 0x80 will take some time as well. Remember that I'll have to
convert arguments and return values from 32 to 64 bits and vice versa,
check pointer ranges and the like - I don't want the emulated CPU to
access the emulator's memory, for example.

Even worse, it's not portable - when I want to run the emulator on
an Alpha, SPARC or Itanium2 box (or on an Intel CPU running another
operating system), I can't use int 0x80.