Re: [f-cpu] I forgot to tell you...

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:
> ... that I uploaded fcpu-mr-20020628.tar.gz to
> http://f-cpu.seul.org/~f-cpu/new/ recently.
>
> But there are only minor changes, so...

OTOH in my corner, the last 2 weeks have been very productive !

- support of 4 tools (vanilla and Simili like before,
  ncsim and Riviera now, and very easy addition of new tools)
- i started popcount and mostly finished the register set.
- still "in the pipeline" : finish popcount (btw Michael's help
  is welcome because i don't know how to you his generic adders),
  rewrite (mostly) INC, and start BIST.
- changes : ncsim and Riviera did not like the random package.
  now it is changed and the functions are renamed. It currently
  compiles without modification with all tools
- the f-cpu/install.sh script is better populated and executes
  in 1 minute with all 4 tools at once. 8 subdirectories are
  compiled and tested (configuration, common, registers, rop2,
  imu, asu, imul and clock). INC and popcount are next in the
  list. I do not run the ASU and IMU exhaustive tests, as they
  are excessively slow ...

i'll upload a new snapshot soon.

Btw, for those who still want a C emulator : i care even less,
now that i have found that ncsim runs 60 times faster than simili
and 120x faster than vanilla. Riviera is almost (some %) as fast
as ncsim. So the "easy" solution is to get a free Riviera license :-)

have fun,

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE