Re: [f-cpu] little feed-back from the libre softawre meeting

> Seriously,

> 'x' : executable -> ICACHE, because it is the instruction fetcher
> which needs to access bytes in code page : IT NEVER WRITES !!! so 'x' is in
> fact a disguised 'r' and 'w' a non-sense.

If I understand what you say, we can't write "automodify" code.

> 'r','w' : readable, writable -> DCACHE, because it is the LSU which
> needs to access bytes in data page : IT NEVER EXECUTES !!!

Why not, we must not block this possibility.

> When you write code in page you are indeed using LSU for that purpose so
> you handle its page like a data page not as a code page.

So you have to TLB, one for data, and one for fetcher, so you divide by two
the capacity of the OS to do a "load balancing" of TLB entry. And in fact if
you wan't to be able to write automodifing code, you will have a lot of problem.

I really don't understand your mail, I think
  Cedric