Re: [f-cpu] How far from a usable system?

hi !

Donald A. Dade wrote:

Hello list,

All the FAQs that I've found seemed to be fairly old, or not dated at all. I was trying to determine if/when people will be able to obtain an f-cpu based system. I, for one, don't care if it's not quite as economical nor as fast as the Intel offerings. It would just feel *good* to use a system like that.

So, what is the state of the project, and what is the estimate for the arrival of sample systems?

as for the arrival of a "sample system" (this is extremely vague) : no idea.
it's certainly not going to the foundry before ages. Source code is slowly
advancing, however.

as for the state : look by yourself on how this list behaves :-)

anyway, you can get the most recent design files from http://f-cpu.seul.org/new/
(that's a ftp where one puts his own version of the sources from time to time).

sorry if it is disapointing, ut you'll see that F-CPU can be fun sometimes :-/

Don
YG