Re: [f-cpu] Re: help with linux from scratch

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Yann Guidon wrote:

> hi !
>
> I switch to the main F-CPU mailing list because it might
> trigger some useful answers from others.
>
> I probably should not have followed the advice to run strip
> for removing the debug symbols. Of course it removes megabytes
> of useless stuffs but it maybe touched files it shouldn't touch...

:-) I don't think it touched something it shouldn't. But
you lack a lot of information to locate the problem which
may hide itself in the LFS code or in the libraries or in
the kernel you use. Or your hardware may be a little bit
incompatible - smelled like embedded system...

> > The really hard part is porting the kernel...
> yup.

... and don't forget the libraries!

JG