Re: [f-cpu] more about f-romfs

nico wrote:

> For me, all of the following are much too early. This is system designer
> problem not ours.

But what about the F-CPU chip set with all the bla-bla-bla features.:)
If the F-cpu was a Microcoded machine I would favor a built in serial
diagnostic console built in like on some versions of the PDP-11. If the
prototype FPGA version of the F-CPU uses a small cpu for loading the
configuration
it could also handle bootstrapping the system or at least flashing the
PROMS.
Alot can be done off the printer port too. Just remember Keep It Simple.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html