Re: [f-cpu] fcpu-iss

Selon Michael Riepe <michael+fcpu@stud.uni-hannover.de>:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:12:52AM +0100, Pierre Tardy wrote:
> [...]
> > Fctools needs lex and libelf, thing that we do not need for the ISS,
> > and we wanted to compile on our solaris servers, so we have copied
> > the only files needed to the ISS, and changed the compile scripts to
> > the one used with systemC.
>
> Well, both (f)lex and libelf are freely available.
Yes, or course, but installing these in our Solaris(tm) server is very time
crunching..

> > The problem is that we share code with fctools, some in an unmodified
> > state, and other more or less modified.. I dislike that, for update
> > problems..
> > What are your advices about that?
>
> Respect the GPL? ;)
mmh. shall I answer to that? :)

> I'm not going to incorporate your changes into fctools, if that is
> what you want to know.  But I'll probably add hooks that allow people
> to build a cycle-accurate emulator from the same source.
You will read it in our conclusions, but we think that simulating pipeline
effects will need a somewhat big change in the architecture of the ISS.

I think you should take care of our changes in emu.c and in fcpu_opcodes.
in fcpu_opcodes, the disassembler return as a side effect, the registers that
are used in the instruction (see the show function of our emumain.c)
in emu.c We have added the hooks for a TLM (Transaction Level Model) ISS (what
we have done).
In these two files, the modifications are small and the code is, ASFAIK, not
reindented.. hum ;)

BTW, you use, for tables initialisation the syntax:
        static const char *msgs[EX_number] = {
                [EX_ACCESS]    = "access rights violation"
};
It doesnt compile with g++. Is it C99 or something?

greets,
--
Pierre