Re: [f-cpu] about the server(s)

Yann Guidon wrote:

> hi !
> i'm going to invest some money in RC models anyway :-)

Take a week off (the F-Cpu) and just go flying!

> yeah, i know... i have a spare Pentium 100 if needed.
> The power supply should be enhanced by a safer one
> (or redundant) but it's an AT board.

But really why all this fuss on speed? A slow sever
is better than NO server. I am sure since WHYGEE does
not have HUGE banner adds and Streaming audio and video
the bandwidth will be minimum.

+------------------ WARNING ---------------------------+
| The F-CPU Server may be slow but that is all we have |

The second thing with Free tools and F-cpu is how long will
the F-CPU be in the FPGA stage? If it only will be a few months
for proto-types/demos until you can get a design in real silicon
why bother with free FPGA  software and concentrate for the later
silicon designs in real hardware.
Ben.
--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."