Re: [f-cpu] Smooth Register backup issues...

> -SRB could be slow : SBR add muxes on the read port of the register bank
> which are on the critical data path
Instead of shadow, I should rather have it called a 4032-bit wide 1 word
deep FIFO. If we shorten the critical data path, we win again. I have
to look how COMPLEXITY is affected. If weget rid of 4032 MUX ports,
it's worth looking at the story.

> Linux is jiffies are about 1kHz. We should try to evaluate network things
> (10 us for a paquet ?) but most of the IO are done by DMA.

AFAIK, it's 100 Hz unless you install a low latency kernel, which
suggests 512 Hz during configure for compile.

Before we talk about winning 1% performance, we should avoid 100% performance
loss (i.e. get the CPU work at all).