Re: [f-cpu] Do we really need virtual memory?

Christophe Avoinne wrote:

What we must have in mind is to know what F-CPU is purposed for :
work-station or embedded ? depending the target you would need VM.

F-CPU may not have VM (nothing prevents someone from getting rid of it when
not necessary), but we must consider it all the same from the begining to
avoid starting on a bad design.

I think the trick for getting the F-cpu out the door is rather
not dropping features but find out reasonable subsets of the instruction set to build up the design from. Something like you bootstrap a compiler. For example can one get by with say 16 registers , a simple incriment unit and alu unit and mmu?
Ben.