Re: [f-cpu] Re: Project short description

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 03:38:42PM +0200, Juergen Goeritz wrote:
[...]
> > I have a real drive to stay away from marketroids and sales/PR
> > divisions in general. No, thank you.
>
> What is a 'marketroid'? Go away with divisions!

Quoting from "The New Hacker's Dictionary":

		:marketroid: /mar'k*-troyd/ n.

		alt. `marketing slime', `marketeer', `marketing droid',
	`marketdroid'. A member of a company's marketing department,
	esp. one who promises users that the next version of a product
	will have features that are not actually scheduled for inclusion,
	are extremely difficult to implement, and/or are in violation
	of the laws of physics; and/or one who describes existing
	features (and misfeatures) in ebullient, buzzword-laden adspeak.
	Derogatory.  Compare droid (*note droid::.).

These are the guys (and sometimes also gals) you *have* to put into a
separate division (and never feed them after midnight! ;)