Re: Re: [f-cpu] Re: Project short description

Sorry to speak about non-space stuff, but here it goes :

We/you use VHDL. right ?
we use ASCII, ELF, DIMM modules
and lot of other standard parts, either EU standards
(wall plugs, food denomination, etc), Internal or
US standards. we can name a lot of IEEE standards, no ?

So what is the problem with a standard for a CPU ?
What money do you want from 'making a standard'
except the satisfaction that your computer (and all SW
thereogf !) is compatible with your neighbour's ?

Btw, even IEEE 'gives away' implementation examples,
as you can find Implementation Notes from mostly all
component builders. If you are electronician you certainly
even receive 'samples'. So what we do is not 'waste'.
We don't search 'monopoly' (which would justify a return
from the 'market').

F-CPU is to become a 'standard', a 'commodity', not
a milk cow. At least this is my opinion.
Comments welcome :-)

YG

De: Juergen Goeritz <goeritz@oekomm.de>