Re: [f-cpu] way off topic

Marco Aurélio Graciotto Silva wrote:

> Well, there are other ways to get plastics. Here in Brazil, a year ago I
> think, it was developed a technique to produce plastic from sugar cane
> (actually biodegradable plastic). Unfortunately it cannot be used to build
> transistors (at least they hadn't tryied that). But hey, halfway gone! :)

I was thinking of self contained environments in space.
Producing normal transistors could be done there, but
environmental factors are much more demanding as conventional
processing produces more wastes and poisonous chemicals than
things based on organic materials.
Ben.
--
Standard Disclaimer : 97% speculation 2% bad grammar 1% facts.
"Pre-historic Cpu's" http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk