Re: [f-cpu] [Fwd: RE: MAC address]

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 11:36:16PM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'm surprised that they don't ask me to sell my soul, too.
don't worry too much.
They don't take too much risks because the licences last 2 months.

> I guess I'll stick with vanilla and simili.  Maybe I'll even drop vanilla
> -- simili seems to work great with linux/wine, and is much faster.
I'm glad that we're on the same brain wavelength but beware : Vanilla
has some limitations and Simili can be too generous. I care for the portability
of the source code and i don't want to be trapped by Simili or anything else.
Checking with Vanilla from time to time is probably necessary, as it is
the only "small" VHDL compiler/simulator that can work without too much
problems. While installing Cadence (it's still unfinished !!!) i encounter
a shared library problem for the 3rd time. I downgrade/upgrade this laptop
all the time...

> I wrote this simple wrapper shell script that serves as both `vhdlp'
> and `vhdle', so I never have to mess with wine on the command line again:
>
>         #! /bin/bash -
>         name=${0##*/}
>         wine=/where/wine/is/located/bin/wine    # change this
>         wineopts='-debugmsg -all'
>         echo >&2 'starting wine... please be patient.'
>         exec $wine $wineopts "$name $*"
>
> :)

lazy guy ;-P
(heck, that means that you're a good programmer, in the PERL world)
i even guess that you have made a function with it, that you included in
your .bash_profile :-P

If i survive to the installation of this ncstuff, i'll let you know...
Ok, now, let's see if i have libc.so.6/GLIBC_2.2 available somewhere...

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE