Re: [f-cpu] Memory convention

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:01:02PM +0200, Cedric BAIL wrote:
>

>>First we must specify if we are using by default little or big endian,
>>because librairies will dislike to manipulate big endian data if they wait
>>for little endian. I think that for portability reason we must specify little
>>endian by default, as a memory convention
>>
 > Since the default (for load/store) is little endian, and since little
 > endian makes more sense with SIMD, it should be the default.

Is this really a problem ? As far as i remember, the endian flag in the
instructions is still present...
In the endian threads, there are always people wanting somethings and
its contrary. That's why
the flag is here. IIRC it's little endian by default.

Now, anybody is free to use the endian one wants. Even though i'll be
the third to claim that
SIMD requires little endian to work properly. But if somebody needs
something else,
the endian flag is here to fullfill his programming needs.

YG