Re: (FC-Devel) Status of Effort

Hi, Dean!
Hi, everybody!

DL> Could someone fill me in on the status of the FreeCase effort?

I'm working now on the FreeCASE Repository.

Being recently heavily bitten by skipping full-scale requirements stage
(lost much time struggling with client and implementing originally
unexpected functionality), I'd prefer to do at least that project as it
should be ;)

My company is going to implement mil-std 498 as the software process, so I
will use it for the FreeCASE Reepository.

My plan is the following:

1. Write Operational Concept Document (OCD)
2. Extract Use Cases, prioritise them and prepare detailed descriptions of
   those, which go into the first version
3. Identify interfaces and prepare detailed descriptions of those, which go
   into the first version
4. Write Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)

First step will take 1 or 2 weeks if I will work alone on it, depending on
my workload.

Please, feel free to criticize that plan (positively).  Feel free to join
writing any document.  Feel free to suggest another plan.

If you're not familiar with mil-std 498, I'll send you archive with
descriptions of the standart and Data Items Descriptions (in pdf format).
Unfortunatelly, I can't find these documents on the web now.  Looks like
they are removed with the adoption of modified mil-std 498 as an IEEE
standart :(

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko	http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.