Re: (FC-Devel) core design + project steps

I've been reading Messrs. Ofek and Frick's discussion of conceptual graphs
with much interest, but in the end, I have to agree with Mr. Khavryutchenko.
I think that we are perhaps biting off too much if we try to both develop a
"next-generation" code meta-model and a usable CASE tool at the same time.  I
think that for FreeCASE, we should stick to the UML meta-model because it is
widely-used and discussed, and its strengths and weaknesses are well-known.
But I don't want this to imply that the CG development should go away.  Quite
the contrary, I think that the CG discussion makes a good case that we should
provide in FreeCASE enough hooks that other meta-models such as CG can be
separately developed to use it.  In fact, I would be interested in
contributing to a CG project.  But for now, I just want a useable UML tool for
software-design.

--
Uche Ogbuji
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com