[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[freehaven-dev] List of possible UROP topics
I wrote up a list of possible UROP topics.
I want to note that these topics are largely from an applied
perspective, rather than ones of theoretical nature. Obviously, there
are a lot of other theoretical questions to be answered, their
applicability for UROP projects depends solely on students` backgrounds.
We will probably be sending out a general announcement to Anne Hunter in
mid-January, and have a meeting at the end of IAP (late January).
Anyway, the current list is the following. Suggest, add, or edit to
your heart`s content.
* Implement the current Free Haven design.
* Figuring out the designs for coupling a Free Haven backend onto
something like Freenet or Mojo Nation, to provide persistent storage
for some items.
* Implement a generic mix-net simulator.
* Integrating strong anonymity into Freenet or Mojo Nation design, and
make sure it's done right.
* Implement attacks of systems such as Freenet, to point out
limitations from accountability/anonymity perspective. Are the
attacks we suggest actually feasible? How easy are they? How
sufficient is this whole caching idea? Can we get some upper bounds
for traffic analysis?
* Do something with reputation systems for Ibal project at Harvard.
* Further design/implementation for distributed append-only ledger as
described in mix-acc paper.
* Work on design/analysis/implementation of Red Rover. It sounds like
a good idea for grass-roots end-users, but may currently lack