Re: [freehaven-dev] [asmith@theory.lcs.mit.edu: broadcast]

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> I'm forwarding this to the list so other people can ponder it as well.
> David: you're always telling me to point you at papers and you'll hunt them
> down. Here you go. :)

Thank you! There are eight papers listed under the keyword "broadcast
encryption" on the CRYPTO CD. Some of them may not actually be relevant,
since they cover the question "if we *had* a broadcast channel, how would
we do secure key agreement using it?" Other papers may be more
interesting. I will rip them off and place them on a web page real soon
now.

The page is started at
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~dmolnar/broadcast

Feel free to suggest links. Also if I have glossed over any requirements
or misunderstood the Free Haven situation (that's important!!)

It includes a link to this page :
"Byzantine Agreement in Unknown Networks"
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~desmedt/survivability.html/results/unknown.html

which seems vaguely related to what we might want. Desmedt has
a paper on "Secure Communications on an Unsecure Network Using
Certificates" linked from the page at
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~desmedt/survivability.html/results/abstract.html#bdun

I've just downloaded it and hopefully can figure out if it's relevant
soon.

Thanks,
-David