Re: [freehaven-dev] "anonymous availability service"

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Joseph Sokol-Margolis wrote:

> > Still looking for a term which can cover both us and Freenet and
> > anything else "kind of like this."
>
> I'm inclined to try and work in soemthing like "document" while
> "document" sometimes implies flat text, I don't think it has to, and
> it helps define what we're making anoymously avalible...

Hmm. I would ordinarily assume that we're making "data" available when I
hear "availability service." To what else would it refer? or is it just
that it's not quite clear to you without the "document" ?

> > anonymous availability service
>
> anonymous document availability service?
> anonymous document availability system?

I prefer "service" to "system," partially because of the Eternity Service,
and also because it better captures the fact that servers are making a
contract with the publisher / storer to keep the document available.

-David