Re: [freehaven-dev] base64 code

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 dmolnar@belegost.mit.edu wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Roger mentioned that we still need base64 code to encode and decode.
>
> Here's some C code which claims to do it :
>
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub2/gnu/vm/base64-encode.c

Claims to encode, anyway. decode is as you'd expect

  http://ftp.sunet.se/pub2/gnu/vm/base64-decode.c

I've compiled them both successfully and managed to
encode and then decode a file safely. Minor problem
was the fact that the code uses a very long string to initialize -
lynx inserted a line break on download, which wreaked havoc.

Roger - do you want stuff like this in the cvs tree? where?
some kind of utils directory?

Thanks,
-David