Re: [freehaven-dev] retrieval issues

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 05:38:04AM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > In the 0.4 release of Freenet, it will only be necessary to obtain the
> > address of one node in order to become fully introduced to the network,
> > using the new node announcement protocol.
>
> ...but I haven't seen the latest Freenet proposal either. Is it written
> up somewhere?

Well, there is no published version, as I understand the author has planned
some simplifications to the protocol.  There is a draft in CVS at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/docs/incoming/announcement.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=freenet

--

# tavin cole
# doing my part to complete the works of shakespeare