Re: gEDA-user: making libgeda

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Carl Tuck Hartshorn wrote:
>
> > Can the guile install location be overriden? The ./configure does not show
> > any parms that might do so.  Mine is installed at /usr/bin/guile/1.4/
> > /usr/lib/guile/1.4/  but it's apparently checking elsewhere.
>
> ./configure finds it out automagically by using calling the guile-config
> program. That means 1) you need to have guile-config (and since
> guile-config is a guile script, you also needs guile) in your PATH 2)
> guile must have been compiled and installed at the location guile-config
> points to.
>
> If your able to run guile-config from your prompt, then check
> if 'guile-config link' and 'guile-config compile' returns the correct
> parameters.
>
> Good luck,
Thankyou for the help. That was, indeed the problem. I had tried to get gnucash
build some 6-months ago and had left over vestiges of guile left over in
/opt/gnome

Then, later had install a Suse rpm that put guile in a separate place. And,
Gnome was ahead of /usr/bin.

If I want to install geda in /opt/geda, do I need to set the prefix for all the
components? Or just those that start with 'geda-*' ?

Tuck Hartshorn