Re: gEDA-user: ground planes and thermals

> yep plastic pins.  should be no problem.

Not necessarily. If an unplated hole pierces copper on two layers that copper may become shorted even if you only put plastic in the hole.

Many manufacturers don't like to do unplated holes and will charge a lot extra for them. Often its cheaper and easier to make them plated holes and just have clearances.

  thanks so much for the info