gEDA-user: springs

Despite no visible interest in spring-mass autoplacer I publish next
release.

The major change is that it now can handle elements on both sides
better. SMD elements interact only with other components' pins if not on
the same side.

Just a reminder:
- all nets are converted to springs
- all parts are converted to elements (mass is proportional to element
area)
- springs connecting pins/pads of the same component are not created
- only selected elements will actually be moved
- key combination CTRL-q activates 50 iterations of spring-mass
algorithm, other keys are not affected. There is a menu option too.
- there is no UNDO support yet.
- spring-mass doesn't care about the grid (yet).

Some thoughts:

I need a concept for 'tunnel effect' which would allow components to
jump in their place without being blocked by others.

There should be probably some forces keeping 'big' elements from
grouping. Any known heuristics ?

Suggestions are welcome.

Peter