gEDA-user: Yet Another successful project

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: Hans Johnson <hans.johnson@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks,

I just thought I would report yet another (mostly) successful project
done with gschem->gsch2pcb->pcb.

Pictures:=20

http://www.geekhouse.ca/~hans/grip/board.png
http://www.geekhouse.ca/~hans/grip/assembled.jpg
http://www.geekhouse.ca/~hans/grip/bareboard.jpg

Anyhow, after going through this process, I have a few critiques.  The
first is that the available footprints for pcb need some serious work.
 The default ones in the geda-user m4 scripts are virtually unuseable.
 If you go and look at the TQFP packages, the pads on oposite sides of
the TQFP don't even line up.  I think there is some cumulative
rounding error going on here.  Also, for most of the through-hole
components, the holes are way too small to actually mount the device.=20
The problems also extended to SOICs and other components.

As a result, I ended up creating virtually all my own elements, and
used those in the project.  I can post them if people are interested.

Anyhow, thanks for producing a product that allows me to do what I
want, even if it is a bit rough around the edges. :)

Regards,

Hans Johnson
--=20
Hans Johnson (hjohnson@xxxxxx)
B.ASc, Computer Engineering
Simon Fraser University

... Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. -- Anonymous