Re: gEDA-user: PCB snap to line ends

On Friday 07 April 2006 02:40, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> I suggest a feature "snap to line ends" in PCB. It would be handy when
> one is locally chaging something on a trace and doesn't want to
> delete the whole trace and draw it again.
>
> CL<

This feature already exists to an extent - turn on the "enable crosshair snaps
to pins and pads" option in the Settings menu, and then switch to drawing on
the ratlines layer.

When the mouse gets close enough to the line's endpoint, usually a few mils
from it's physical edge, the cursor will snap to it.

Not too useful for drawing anything but rats though.  Can we have this
function extended to work on other layers too?

--
"Sometimes paranoia can be helpful. Usually it
isn't, and when you learn that, life improves."