Re: gEDA-user: Circuit Cellar

Stuart,

Will forward comments to CC. Will article 2, next month, present PCB with real board?

George

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:22 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Page 48 of the March 2006 Circuit Cellar has an article by Stuart
> Bronson.
>
> I have two problems with it:
>
>     1. The title should have been:
>
>         "Simple PCB design with the gEDA Suite"

It had to be something catchy; Since CC has a large robot hobbiest
readership, the proximity sensor title was the obvious choice.

Anyway, the article was conceived to be a trojan horse for publishing
a gEDA PCB design HOWTO.  The circuit is basically trivial, and
unimportant compared to the info about how to use gEDA.

>     2. The article is so well written that the real author should stand
> forward.

Thanks!  I'm the real author, believe it or not.  CC didn't do much
editing.  And I *do* have the ability to write fairly well.  I realize
this isn't a common trait amongst folks in science/engineering ...

Please send this comment to the CC editor!

http://www.circuitcellar.com/magazine/readerio/comment.htm

I'm contemplating more articles on the open-souce EDA scene for them,
and having positive reader comments helps keep them interested.

Stuart