Re: gEDA-user: OT: SOIC <-> SOIC-wide conversion.

Darrell Harmon <dlharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Place the chip at an angle to the board and solder one side. Then use small
> wires to connect the other side to the board. I have done this before and
> it works fine.

If you use 30 ga  wirewrap wire, and start by soldering one end to the pad,
it's a simple matter to pull the other end across the pin on the soic and dab
a ball of solder onto it.  Snip off the excess.

The wire wrap wire will hold its shape well.  And with a good stripper, is
very quick to work with.

Phil