Re: gEDA-user: make question

Craig Niederberger wrote:
OK, this one is for you developer gurus. It is definitely off topic, and I deeply apologize for that, but I'm not sure where to post this. If you know of a better place please let me know. However, in this massive multideveloper yet beautifully orchestrated project I've come to know as gEDA, I'm guessing that someone out there can help me with this gnarly Makefile problem. The problem is this: I'm trying to use GSL (Gnu scientific library) in a project. In this source file network.cpp which sits in a directory called msvc is the line:

#include "gsl_eigen.h"  // GSL eigenvalue routines

The file gsl_eigen.h is in the directory in msvc/gsl/gsl, and has the following lines:

#include <gsl/gsl_vector.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

Those header files also live in msvc/gsl/gsl, but I can't figure out how to compile network.cpp and have gsl_eigen.h find them. My Makefile so far is:

vpath %.h msvc msvc/gsl msvc/gsl/gsl
CPP = g++
CPPFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized

network.o: network.cpp
    $(CPP) $(CPPFLAGS) -Imsvc/gsl/gsl -o $@ -c $^

and I'm getting these errors:

g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Imsvc/gsl/gsl -o network.o -c msvc/network.cpp
In file included from msvc/network.cpp:8:
msvc/gsl/gsl/gsl_eigen.h:23:28: error: gsl/gsl_vector.h: No such file or directory
msvc/gsl/gsl/gsl_eigen.h:24:28: error: gsl/gsl_matrix.h: No such file or directory

Does anyone have any idea how I can get msvc/gsl/gsl truly included in the search for header source files so that gsl_eigen.h is happy?

you don't want msvc/gsl/gsl in the search path, you want msvc/gsl in the search path becase you are searching for "gsl/gsl_vector.h" which lives in msvc/gsl. So change -Imsvc/gsl/gsl to -Imsvc/gsl

Again, I deeply apologize for this off topic post, but I'm don't know where else to turn!

help-make@xxxxxxx maybe?