gEDA-user: Footprint Changes at luciani.org

I have changed the pin numbering on the footprints for the Hirose DF9
Series plugs.  These should now be numbered in a similar manner to
DSUBs and SCSI connectors. This should be only change to the footprint
tarball since the last update (24-Feb-2007).

---

When I made these footprints I could not find pin numbering in the
Hirose datasheet so I numbered the plugs and sockets using the
convention of the plug and socket on the Crossbow Mote (MICA). This
was a mistake. The MICA board has a plug and socket with pin one in
the upper left corner. Since the connectors are keyed you cannot get
mated pin ones.

If you are going to make boards that interface with Crossbow boards
you may want to create footprints (and corresponding gschem symbols)
with names like ---

CON_HDR_XBOW_MICA....51P   plug that goes on a MICA
CON_HDR_XBOW_MICA....51S   socket that goes on a MICA
CON_HDR_XBOW_INT...51P     plug that goes on an interface board
CON_HDR_XBOW_INT...51S     socket that goes on an interface board

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org