Re: gEDA-user: refdes and footprint not automatic from sym to sch

John,
It is already enabled in system-gschemrc.
(attribute-promotion "enabled")

I am getting a somwehat additional error. I put all the refdes and
footprint attributes manually, pass through refdes_renum and when  I do
gsch2pcb I get a single:

"could no find refdes on component and could not find any special
attributes!"

followed by a ton of:
"stdin:27: m4: Bad expression in eval: /4"

My setup is a Knoppix live CD. My schematic is frank/geda_pcb/cti.sch,
my symbol components are in frank/gEDAfrank,

Any ideas? I list my config files that I created in the design file
directory. (The .log files confirm that they are read). I did not create
a PCB file or .inc file yet.
Thanks,
Frank

gafrc file
----------
schematics /mnt/sda2/frank/geda_pcb/cti/cti.sch
elements-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank
components-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank
(component-library "/mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank")
output-name cti500a

ctibak : project file for gsch2pcb
------
schematics /mnt/sda2/frank/geda_pcb/cti/cti.sch
elements-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank
components-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank/
output-name cti

gnetlistrc
----
(component-library "/mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank")

gschemrc
-------
(component-library "/mnt/sda2/frankeory/gEDAfrank")
(attribute-promotion "enabled")   << I just added it now, but it was
already in the system-gschemrc >>