Re: gEDA-user: Converting RS274D to RS274X

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 09:02 -0700, Jesse Gordon wrote:
> Ormund,
>
> If all else fails, and if you can find two documents describing in
> simple terms each of the formats, I'd be willing to try making a perl script
> to convert for you. But I'm pretty busy, so make sure there's not
> already such free solution :-)

All my googling only turned up others making the same request but no
answers so I don't think such a utility exist.  The problem I ran into
the last time was, the aperture list has no standard format so the
aperture list will sometimes have to be entered by hand.  I am
considering writing a pyGTK program to do it.

> Also I would need a source RS274D to test  with. I'm assuming that once
> my converter is working, I'd be able to view the result in gerbv.

Don't do this on my account but the documentation for RS274X is
available here:
  http://gerbv.sourceforge.net/docs/rs274xrevd_e.pdf

a shorter description:
  http://www.artwork.com/gerber/274x/rs274x.htm

If you chose to do this I can send you sample RS274D files.

Regards

__
Ormund