Re: gEDA-user: Converting RS274D to RS274X

Dan McMahill wrote:
> Ormund Williams wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Dose anyone know of a utility to convert RS274D to RS274X?  I have a few
>> gerber files I want to view but they are in D format with the aperture
>> list in a human readable format.  I converted one manually a few years
>> ago now I wish I had taken the time to write a program then.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> __
>> Ormund
>
> yeah, there is such a tool.  I did not write it, but I'll see if I can
> figure out where I got it.
>

> Bug me again if you don't hear back in a day or two.  I just need to
> figure out where I stuck it.
>
> -Dan

ok, it was easier to find than I thought.  google for 'pads-d2x' and
you'll find a post to this list from our very own Larry Doolittle.  Note
that as others have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a standard
aperture list format used with RS274-D.  The primary thing you need to
do to convert from RS274-D to RS274-X is to take the aperture list that
goes with your RS274-D files and turn that into the codes which define
the apertures in RS274-X.  The other differences between D and X don't
really matter because I believe X has all the features of D and then some.

-Dan