Re: gEDA-user: Surface mounted circuits in hobby projects

DJ Delorie skrev:
>> Approximately how much heat does a circuit stand?
>
> What do you mean?  SMT parts *need* less heat, so they tend to *get*
> less heat, but they can still stand up to IR reflow soldering
> temperatures.  The lead-free stuff means they need to be able to
> handle *hotter* temperatures, too.
>
> I wouldn't want to solder with a blowtorch, but I normally don't worry
> too much about overheating parts while soldering.

OK, what I ment was that looking at the videos at YouTube it
looked as if they were using much heat when soldering, but I
have always thought that circuits were sensitive to heat.

But I guess it always depends on the time they are exposed
to heat.

> DEsoldering, now, that's a different problem.

/Peter