Re: gEDA-user: Putting holes in hard steel - was - Re: the joy and sadness of new boards

On Friday 03 April 2009, evan foss wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM, andrewm <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> If anybody has a better idea, yelp.
>>
>> EDM ?
>
>Don't you aready need a hole to run the wire threw?

A hole for a wire through it?  No.

>Or are you just
>going to live with a very thin line cut threw to the hole?
>
>If your are going to spend EDM level money water jet would be better.

Drilling holes with EDM?   Straight plunge cut/burn.  Hole size determined by
the electrode in this case.  Only milling machine motion if I get the right
electrode size is z, at about .001" a minute, which emc can manage nicely.  I
have everything but the right sized electrode on hand.  Even some trash that
needs burnt by tossing the used kerosene on it. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)