Re: gEDA-user: gEDA attributes -- why not in this simple way

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:40 AM, John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Where is the problem by this simple approach?
>>

> Cognitive dissonance in the minds of users and developers, whose
> minds actually work hierarchically, but who expect, based on
> traditional practices, that component management is flat.

I guess I'm in the minority camp.  Stefan's description made immediate
sense to me, but I simply cannot understand the way gschem handles
this right now, it seems like a convoluted selfcontradictory
mish-mash.  Can anyone point me to a doc that explains the
'heirarchical' point of view?  I think if I could get a conception of
why it works the way it does, I'd probably be able to adapt myself to
that kind of workflow.

Thanks,
Miles