Re: gEDA-user: paid help?

   On Apr 6, 2010, at 4:59 AM, Patrick wrote:

   The last thing I want is to create another flame, Eagle vs geda etc...
   but am I basically correct that the proprietary Apps have more
   libraries and this is the main drawback of the open source alternates?

   Patrick,

   At work with a multi thousand dollar app, we make all of our own
   libraries.  Default libraries usually don't cut it when you go to
   manufacture.  There is a lot of fine tuning with your manufacturing
   houses.
   I would say that the hobby market cares about default libraries, and
   the professionals are jaded with "standard" symbols and footprints that
   were slightly off and cost thousands of dollars to correct.
   Good luck with the business idea, it sounds like a consulting firm.
   Steve