Re: gEDA-user: Footprint with asymmetric solder mask

> I would like to create a footprint where the pad is not in the center, and it is not symmetric for all sides.

Unfortunately not. PCB derives the solder mask from the pad and mask
clearance. The file format needs to be extended to allow for the type
of mask you would like.

I think you might be misinterpreting the diagram though. They are
indicating that there should be a > 18mm^2 copper plane around the pad
which must have solder resist (mask) on it. So set the relevant pads'
mask clearance to 0, and place a polygon down around the pad. Remove
the clear lines/pads flag by putting your cursor over the polygon and
pressing "s" in PCB. Just note that no lines or pads will be cleared
by that polygon. What I usually do is make a small polygon/rectangle
that fits just around the pad and set that to "solid", and then use a
normal polygon around that.

HTH,
Duncan