Re: gEDA-user: Matching footprints with symbols

Le mercredi 14 avril 2010 21:45:24, John Doty a écrit :
>> Do such guidelines exist ?
>
>No, and they wouldn't work. The layout person is going to want numbers
> matching their own tool and footprint library. There are no standards here.
> The technician working on the board is going to want to see pin numbers
> matching the manufacturer's data sheet, and manufacturers have no common
> numbering scheme. gEDA can't unilaterally fix these problems.

Got it, and that answers my question pretty well.

> For a more complex project, I generally want some project-specific default
>  attributes like "footprint=0603" and "spec=1/16W,5%". The customer, layout
>  contractor, and application have an influence here.

Now I understand why you make "per-project" libraries.

Please bear with me, I'm just a hobbyist. I've never had to work with a
contractor or manufacturer.

--
Amand Tihon
13C Rue Arsène Matton, 1325 Dion-Valmont, Belgium