Re: gEDA-user: un-tented vias

> I like to have my vias non tented. That is, little holes in the solder mask,
> so that some bare metal is exposed. This comes handy for debugging. Is it
> possible to configure pcb so that vias are exposed by default?

You can select the mask layer and press 'k' the appropriate number of
times until the mask clears the via. Just watch out, there is a visual
oddity - if you press 'k' once the mask will appear to clear the via
in pcb but won't in the output gerbers, you have to press it until the
clearance actually clears the via. This can also be done by editing
the .pcb file and changing the setting for all the vias.