Re: gEDA-user: passing parameters to a subckt

On Friday 23 April 2010, D T wrote:
> Thank you Al. Just for the record: ngspice worked; gnucap
>  didn't. Details follow.
>
> The directions from the subckt section of the NGSPICE User
>  Manual
>  (http://ngspice.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/ngspic
> e/ngspice/ng-spice-manuals/manual.pdf?) did their job exactly
>  as described.
>
> The directions from the GNUCAP's page:
>  http://www.gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:com
> patibility:subcircuit_with_parameters
>
> didn't work for me. Here's the error message followed by the
>  test code ran on gnucap-0.35
>
> -----------------------------------------------gnucap> get
>  X2Y_test.cir
>
> *  X2Y capacitor the GNUCAP way
> .subckt CX2Y 11 12 13 14 (CAP=22nF ESR=0.052 ESL=0.75nH)
>                          ^ ? subckt default parameters not
>  supported yet

Get a newer version of gnucap.

What doesn't work in 0.35 is that syntax for specifying default
values.  Passing parameters works.

Get the latest snapshot, where it all works.

The wiki is for the snapshot.  Based on the date, 2009/10/04,
still not the latest.  In the latest version, the LTspice syntax
works.