gEDA-user: Save/Restart Features in Verilog 2001?

Hello all,
	I was wondering if Icarus Verilog supports the new Verilog 2001
$save and $restart checkpointing features.  If not, is there a method that
people use to get a similar capability?

	For the users on this list, how important would checkpointing
capability be to your usage model?

	Some of my simulations have pretty long initialization sequences.
A checkpoint capability allows them to be bypassed if the area of interest
does not involve the init sequence.  In addition, as a Northern
Californian, there are always rolling blackouts to worry about--don't
laugh--this happened to me last summer!  :-(

	Thanks.
	Paul