Re: gEDA-user: Missing generic QFP64 form gEDA PCB library

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Stephen Meier wrote:
I would be happy to see improvements in pcb pattern libraries and in gschem symbols. Hmmm if there was a web site that allowed users to rate the quality of patterns... that might be a step towards pattern verification. The geda symbol web page might be a good example.
I was thinking of exactly this. Perhaps a counter of "successful uses" of a given pattern...if I use a particular pattern in a design and actually have a board cut and solder to it, and things work out well, I can bump that pattern's counter by one using a web interface.

p.s. my fingers are crossed right now because i have a ridged/flex board with a 45 pad bga flip chip (8 mil pitch) being assembled this week. Circuit designed with gschem board layed out with pcb 1.99o (modified to allow part rotation of 45 degrees)
Wow, good luck! Can/will you put some pics online when you get the boards?

I'm getting ready to start a design with gschem and pcb using a DragonBall (MC68VZ328) chip and a few other components. I didn't see a 'VZ328 symbol in gschem's library; I hope to be able to submit the symbol when I get it drawn.

I am excited about it. Yes, I'm a geek. Oh well. ;)

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "You don't have Vaseline in Canada?"
St. Petersburg, FL -Bill Bradford