Re: gEDA-user: problems with icarus ..

Thanks,

The same works for me, now I probably have to look at the source a bit :-( ....

I was trying to use the lpm target, but I don't know if this is the correct way ?

This is from the file fpga.txt in the source ...

The following is a list of architecture types that this code generator
supports.

* arch=lpm

This is a device independent format, where the gates are device types
as defined by the LPM 2 1 0 specification. Some backend tools may take
this format, or users may write interface libraries to connect these
netlists to the device in question.

And here is th result of :

bash-2.05b$ iverilog -tfpga -parch=lpm addc.v
Unknown architecture arch=lpm
error: Code generation had errors.
bash-2.05b$

So I think I have to look a bit futher.

/ Lars Segerlund.

Stephen Williams wrote:
Lars Segerlund wrote:

I am trying to synthesice a simple adder, and I am getting errors like this.

Does anybody know whats going wrong ?

module addc(A, B, CIN, COUT, Q);
input A, B, CIN;
output COUT, Q;
assign Q=A ^ B ^ CIN;
assign COUT= (A & B) | (A & CIN) | (B & CIN);
endmodule

bash-2.05b$ ../tools/bin/iverilog -S addc.v

Passes

bash-2.05b$ ../tools/bin/iverilog -tfpga addc.v
UNSUPPORTED LOGIC TYPE: 19
UNSUPPORTED LOGIC TYPE: 19
UNSUPPORTED LOGIC TYPE: 1
UNSUPPORTED LOGIC TYPE: 1
UNSUPPORTED LOGIC TYPE: 1

Including the version would help. However, I can tell you
that those are AND and XOR gates that that particular code
generator doesn't support yet. Try for example -tfpga -farch=virtex
and see an improvement.