gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog and VHDL interoperability

I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten a FREE VHDL simulation and an
Icarus Verilog simulation to work together.  That is, suppose I am
making a system using a CPU modeled by Icarus Verilog (e.g., OpenRISC
1200 for example), and a VGA controller written in VHDL.  Is there any
way to get the two to interoperate in a single simulation?  I am not
aware of any VHDL simulators for Linux, so I'm totally new to trying
this.

Thanks.

--
Samue A. Falvo II