Re: gEDA-user: weird names in PCB part library

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 08:52:34AM -0400, harry eaton wrote:
> The names signify the new (no ~) and old (~) style libraries.
> The old libraries use M4 macros and are update with make;
> the new libraries are simply element files in a directory hierarchy.

The pcb-bin-library dialog has two windows inside.

I suggest the left window to be tagged "group", "directory" or "family"
above and the right one "part".

Then that at the top of the pcb-bin-library window a text be added reading
"The directories/families/groups beginning with ~ are old style and
the ones without ~ are new styl. See PCB manual chapter 8 for futher
info."

Cl<